Microsoft recently released the SDK for WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007. Here is the brief overview of both and also the relevant links.
WSS 3.0 SDK
The Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 SDK contains conceptual overviews, programming tasks, and references to guide you in developing solutions based on Windows SharePoint Services as a platform. The SDK includes information about the following technologies:
- Web Part Framework Create, package, and deploy Web Parts on SharePoint sites.
- Server-side object model Work with individual lists and sites or manage an entire Windows SharePoint Services deployment.
- Web services Use default Web services, or create custom Web services, to interact with Windows SharePoint Services from external applications.
- Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) Customize the schemas that define lists and sites, define queries for use with members of the object model or Web services, and specify parameters for use with methods in Remote Procedure Call (RPC) protocol.
- Master Pages Specify all of the shared elements of your site in the master page or pages, and add content page-specific elements to content pages.
- Workflows Create workflows that encapsulate business processes to be performed on items in Windows SharePoint Services, and attach those workflows to items in Windows SharePoint Services.
- Custom Field Types Create custom field types that conform to your business data. These custom field types can be based on the base field types already included in Windows SharePoint Services, and can include custom data validation, field rendering, and field property rendering and processing.
- Information Rights Management (IRM) Specify IRM for files located in document libraries and stored as attachments to list items. Create IRM protectors for your own custom file types.
- Document Property Promotion and Demotion Use the built-in XML parser to synchronize the document properties and list column data for XML documents. Create document parsers to do the same for your custom file types.
- Search Use the new Query object model and Query Web service to retrieve search results. Search in Windows SharePoint Services now shares the same SharePoint search technology used by Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
Also included is the Workflow Developer Starter Kit for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, which helps solution providers, independent software vendors, value-added resellers, and other developers write custom workflows for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. It contains the following:
- Visual Studio Project Templates
- Sequential Workflow Library
- State Machine Workflow Library
- Sample Custom Workflow
- Simple Collect Feedback using ASPX forms
The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 SDK is designed for solution providers, independent software vendors, value-added resellers, and other developers to learn about the new Office SharePoint Server 2007 enterprise application and platform. It features conceptual and “How to” articles, sample code, and programming references.
The download file OfficeServerSDK.exe provided for the SharePoint Server 2007 SDK contains the following:
- Compiled HTML Help files (updated with new content since RTM), OSSSDK2007.chm and WSS3sdk.chm, which contain conceptual topics, Class Library and Web Service References for SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
- Code samples that relate to topics in the SDK: Business Data Catalog metadata samples, Custom Single Sign-On Provider, SampleWebService, and Custom Filter Web Parts. The sample projects use Microsoft Visual C# and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005.
- Enterprise Content Management Starter Kit.
Also included in the SharePoint Server 2007 SDK, the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Starter Kit is designed for solution providers, independent software vendors, value-added resellers, and other developers to learn about how to extend the new ECM features and platform in Office SharePoint Server 2007. It contains the following:
- 2007 Office System Digital Signatures Developers Guide
- 2007 Office System Encryption Developers Guide
- Information Rights Management – Pluggable Rights Management, Technical Overview
- Importing Custom Actions into SharePoint Designer
- Workflow Security Topics
- Content Processing
- Term Replacement Document Inspector Module
- Document Converters (server-side custom property remover, docm-to-docx converter)
- Records Management and Policy
- De-Duplication Router
- Document Integrity Verifier
- Records Repository Web Service Console Application
- Search, Collect, and Hold Tool
- Default Site Policy
Note: The following workflow samples are meant to demonstrate concepts and provide a starting point for extension. They are not the same workflows that are included with Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Custom Reports
- ECM Activities
- List Item Activities
- Hello World Sequential Workflow
- State Based Approval Workflow
- Modification Workflow
- Replication and Contact Selector Workflow
- Intersystem Purchase Order
- Confidential Approval
- Group Approval
- Review Workflows
- Collect Feedback Workflow
- Multi-Stage Workflow
- Server-side Collect Signatures Workflow
Visual Studio Project Templates for SharePoint Server 2007 workflow
- SharePoint Server Sequential Workflow Library
- SharePoint Server State Machine Workflow Library